OBJECTIVES OF THE JOURNAL
The objectives of the journal include:.
- To provide a platform for scientists, researchers and industrialists involved in raw materials research and development to disseminate scientific and technological knowledge, which are of practical value to the industry.
- To fill the yawning gap in the dissemination of scientific information on raw materials research and development.
- To stimulate the interest of scientists to carry out research in the areas of industrial raw materials as inputs for industries.
- To promote the capability of scientists in carrying out research relevant to various aspects of industrial raw materials and development
- To stimulate the interest of industries to look inwards for raw materials input process technology and equipment as well as general technical expertise
- To reduce over-dependence of the industries on imported raw materials
Greater emphasis shall be laid on applied research findings that have potential to improve industrial processes, particularly, those that are related to:
- a. Processing of existing minerals and agricultural raw materials, new and advanced materials and petrochemicals.
- b. Substituting imported industrial raw materials.
- C. Development of process technology or fabrication of machines and other components, particularly, through the upgrading of local technology. d. Any other research findings that are considered relevant to the objectives of the journal by the editorial board.